Excellence in Protein Bar Development
At YouBar, we pride ourselves on staying ahead of trends through agile development and creative recipe solutions to give our clients an edge above competitors in the protein bar market.
Leading Innovation in the Protein Bar Industry
Our expert-led Research & Development team will work with you to create a professional, ready-for-market formula for a protein bar, energy bar or nutrition bar. We will create a formula that meets all of the criteria for a professional market launch, utilizing the most cutting-edge processes innovated by food scientists. Our R&D team works under the terms of a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which guarantees that your formulas remain top secret.
We work with you to achieve:
- A formula that meets your nutritional specifications and macronutrient goals within the realm of physical and scientific possibility.
- A formula that meets the regulatory requirements that govern food processing, including all of those established by the FDA.
- A science-based formula that meets the specific nutritional needs of your targeted consumer base, in keeping with recommended daily amounts (RDA’s) and nutritional experts’ advice.
Our expert-led research and development process includes:
- Pilot trials of Prototype Bars to ensure the manufacturing/industrial feasibility of your recipe/formula
- Organoleptic Testing performed by our team of in-house experts.
- Full database Nutritional Analysis
- Water Activity Level Testing to ensure shelf life stability
- The opportunity to come work with our scientific research and development team in person in our Department of Public Health certified Food Lab
- Our R&D team works under the terms of a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which guarantees that your formulas and all of your work with us remain top secret.
Our Areas of Expertise:
- Weight Management
- Sports and the Science of Fitness
- Health trends in ingredients and labeling
- Utilizing the latest trends and ‘superfood’ ingredients, such as grass-fed, pasture-raised whey protein, kale and freeze-dried blueberries
- Sourcing esoteric and unusual ingredients
- Creating energy bars through the application of the most innovative bar manufacturing techniques developed by food scientists, and utilizing ingredients specifically and scientifically formulated to create bar recipes that offer industry-leading texture, taste and nutritional composition.
Custom Recipe Development:
We guide you step-by-step through the entire custom recipe development and production process. Our custom recipe development program takes you through all the necessary preparation to prepare your brand for market.
Flexible Large and Small Scale Manufacturing
- Small manufacturing runs starting at 500 bars
- Mass production quantities as low as 1,000 bars
- Production lead times as low as 6 weeks
- Wholesale pricing on quantities as low as 1,000 bars
- State-of-the-art production technology
- Multiple production lines
- Stringent allergen control practices
- GMP Compliant
- A+ Score - Food Safety Audit 2016