Recipe/Formula Creation & Development
Formula Development with R&D Team
Our expert-led Research & Development team will work with you to create a professional, ready-for-market formula for a protein bar, energy bar or nutrition bar.
We will create a formula that meets all of the criteria for a professional market launch, utilizing the most leading-edge processes innovated by food scientists. Our R&D team works under the terms of a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which guarantees that your formulas remain top secret.
We will work with you to achieve:
- A formula that meets your nutritional specifications and macronutrient goals within the realm of physical and scientific possibility.
- A formula that meets the regulatory requirements that govern food processing, including all of those established by the FDA.
- A science-based formula that meets the specific nutritional needs of your targeted consumer base, in keeping with recommended daily amounts (RDA’s) and nutritional experts’ advice.
Our expert-led research and development process includes:
- Pilot trials of Prototype Bars to ensure the manufacturing/industrial feasibility of your recipe/formula
- Organoleptic Testing performed by our team of in-house experts.
- Full database Nutritional Analysis
- Water Activity Level Testing to ensure shelf life stability
- The opportunity to come work with our scientific research and development team in person in our Department of Public Health certified Food Lab
- Our R&D team works under the terms of a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which guarantees that your formulas and all of your work with us remain top secret.
Our areas of expertise:
- High Protein
- Low Sugar
- High Fiber
- Non GMO
- Weight Management
- Sports and the Science of Fitness
- Health trends in ingredients and labeling
- Utilizing trendy ‘superfood’ ingredients, such as grass-fed, pasture-raised whey protein, kale and freeze-dried blueberries
- Sourcing esoteric and unusual ingredients
- Creating energy bars through the application of the most innovative bar manufacturing techniques developed by food scientists, and utilizing ingredients specifically and scientifically formulated to create bar recipes that offer industry-leading texture, taste and nutritional composition.
Full Service Regulatory Advice:
Our Research and Development and Quality Assurance departments will apply their regulatory expertise to oversee the development of your bar packaging and provide hands-on advice for everything from nutrition panel labeling to making health and/or nutritional claims on bar packages.