Dear Strategic Partners,
As we continue to navigate COVID-19 together, I want to be sure we continue to be transparent in our communication and keep you updated on recent developments. We believe that you deserve our commitment by providing you with the most innovative protein bars, especially in times of uncertainty. That is why we are working so hard to keep our facility clean and ingredients stocked. We remain committed by reinforcing awareness around COVID-19, transparency, and making our decisions based on facts and science – relying on experts to support our actions so we are always doing what is best for you, our customers and partners.
For the last few weeks, we have been closely monitoring and preparing for all the possible scenarios and ensuring we have the right plans and resources in place, defined principally by the expert guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local public health authorities. According to the CDC, “Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.” To better serve you, we have implemented stringent practices to assure we are able to continue providing you with delicious, innovative bars. Some practices include:
- Increasing the cleaning of our manufacturing facility and commonly used areas, and ensuring our staff are being diligent in executing the cleaning guidelines
- Distribution of extra Alcohol-based hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes at facility entrances
- Replacing the typical business handshake with an “elbow bump”
- Partnering with our suppliers to monitor, obtain, and replenish high-demand ingredients
- Following best practices for safe food handling, as always
- Encouraging our employees to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus
- Restricting facility visitation to limit exposure to COVID-19 in the facility
As we continue progressing forward, we will continue to follow our Food Safety and GMP protocols along with COVID-19 guidelines derived from the expertise of the CDC. The additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures already underway in our facility are fully in line with their guidance. I know the situation with COVID-19 is evolving quickly and we might hear about other impacted partners in the industry. If and when we do, we will act quickly. We strive to make decisions that balance the safety of our staff with our commitments to our customers. YouBar remains fully committed by meeting regularly with experts, to ensure that we do what is best for you. We remain committed to our Mission and Vision through being there for you as your trusted partner in your protein bar development and manufacturing journey.
Food Safety and Quality