Even before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, the global market for snack bars was expected to grow rapidly -- from $20 billion in 2020 to $32 billion by 2025. But now, with Coronavirus concerns causing consumers to buy shelf-stable snacks online and from grocery stores in greater numbers than ever before, many industry experts think the above figure is a low estimate and that actual growth will be at least double that. Indeed, in the month of March alone, snack sales were up by as much as 20 percent compared to the same month last year.
What's more, with consumers flocking to make online food purchases in higher numbers than ever before due to social distancing regulations, small start-ups are taking advantage of an awesome opportunity. The fact that they lack presence in typical big box retail stores doesn't matter nearly as much in this new landscape and so they're getting customer attention online like never before. They come in with digital marketing expertise, and are typically 'native' to the online sales environment (unlike typical CPG that relies heavily on store shelf placement for brand awareness). Stepping up with a lean, innovative team, these brands know their target audience and, more importantly, have established who they want to be as a brand. Their marketing expertise has allowed them to create clear and concise brand messaging and target the right person at the right time.
There is a lot that goes into building a successful protein bar presence, so we've built a step-by-step guide to help you develop your brand and get your product in front of customers. In the 2021 Guide to Marketing Your Protein Bar Brand, you'll learn:
- How to find your niche by researching the market;
- How to understand your customers' needs, challenges and most important characteristics;
- Techniques to build a successful social media presence (including influencer marketing strategies);
- Steps to optimize your eCommerce store and product listings with SEO;
- How to build a successful shop on Amazon;
- What steps to take for an effective Google Ads campaign with strong ROI.